April was an excellent month. Sort of. Shadow and Bone came out!! I doubt there’s a single person unaware of that fact. I’ve already watched it twice through. It’s perfect. Or perfect enough, at least.
I had a really good reading month. I was able to make it through 7/8 books on my April tbr. I read every single book that I wanted to, except the nonfiction one. Do you know how rarely that happens. Granted 3 of the 8 books were detective fiction (ie. short), and I didn’t really really love anything I read, but I’m still pretty happy.
- A MAY LAY DEAD by Ngaio Marsh // If you like Christie, you’ll like these. Classic premise, but still quite good. ★★★☆☆ 
- OUR DARK DUET by V.E. Schwab // I can’t decide how I feel about this. It was heartbreaking don’t get me wrong, and I loved it, the pacing and emphasis just felt off to me. ★★★☆☆ 
- YOU HAVE A MATCH by Emma Lord // This was so cute!!! The romance definitely takes a back stage to the sisters thing, but I quite liked it that way ★★★☆☆ [3.5]
- THE ENIGMA GAME by Elizabeth Wein // This was very good, but it felt… improbable. Then again, what do I know. Code Name Verity is better, but this was still very good. ★★★☆☆ [3.5]
- GREY MASK by Patricia Wentworth // This was good. Not amazing, but still a good, solid mystery. ★★★☆☆ 
- MYSTERY MILE by Margery Allingham // Allingham is quickly becoming my favorite detective fiction author (even more than Christie). Didn’t *love* the mystery here though. ★★★☆☆ 
- THE GOD OF SMALL THINGS by Arundhati Roy // [school] I really enjoyed this, but the writing can be a bit of a slog. It’s gorgeous, but it’s also a lot to take in. ★★★☆☆ [3.5]
- THE HATE U GIVE by Angie Thomas // [reread] Love this book so much.
MY POSTS THIS MONTH:
I finally managed to post four times in a month!! I know a lot of people post way more frequently, but I’m struggling to manage once a week (it’s been two weeks since my last post…)
WHAT I ENJOYED READING THIS MONTH:
I didn’t blog hop AT ALL in April. It’s basically the one thing that didn’t go to plan. I’m going to try and do better next month though!!
I had a pretty busy month. I had my first driving lesson (I didn’t crash the car, so I’ll call it a success), and I also got one of the internships I interviewed for last month!!! I don’t start for a while, but I’m pretty excited. I might try to get a job as well (gotta get that cashmoney). Also, I’m going to get to compete for climbing again!! Not sure how I’m going to fit blogging in around training and school, as my current schedule has me training 5 days a week, but I’ll manage.
I turn 16 next month!! Well, tomorrow actually. My birthday is May second. And guess what I’m getting? VACCINATED. Some birthday present. I’m actually very very excited though.
How was your month?
What was your favorite read?